Magnolias Cancer Care Welcomes You
Magnolias Cancer Care at a Glance
This foundation was the inspiration of Karen Adams Foley, to honor her mother Diana Adams. We lost Diana in 2015 after a fierce battle with lung cancer. Magnolias represent joy, purity, endurance, health and beauty. Diana certainly embodied all these characteristics, and our hope is to carry on her legacy by giving other cancer warriors and their families some assistance by providing access to wigs, hair and makeup for special family photos, as well as helping families as they attempt to raise funds to offset the cost of their medical bills, Not so coincidentally, Sweet Magnolias is a current Netflix program about 3 lifelong friend who support each other through life's ups and downs in a small town which focuses on supporting the people in their community with love, grace, and dignity. This is the passion of our foundation.
COMFORT CARE KITS
Magnolias Cancer Care provides comfort kits to our cancer warriors going thru chemotherapy and radiation. These kits includes a soft blanket, comforting products such as chapstick, lotion, anti-nausea lozengers, Norwex cleaning cloths, phone charger, journal, worry stones and busy books. Our hope is to make our warriors a little more comfortable during their treatment.
MASECTOMY PILLOWS AND DRAIN APRONS
For mastectomy patients, we provide handmade heart shaped pillows. The heart shaped pillows are used to soothe both physical and emotional pain immediately after surgery, radiation or other treatment. Most mastectomy patients are released after surgery with drains that will stay in place for up to 2 weeks. Managing those drains can be challenging and hand sewn drain aprons provide hands free way to hold the drains and move about more freely. They can be worn under clothes to give the patient more flexibility with their garments.
THE RYAN PROJECT
The Ryan Project was created from a simple act of paying it forward. After losing his mom to cancer, Ryan listed her medical equipment such as her walker, commode, shower chair on Facebook Marketplace for free. A family who couldn't afford the equipment soon responded. They were so grateful and Ryan was elated to be able to help them out and it then became a passion of his to be able to give back in this way. Ryan said "This project is to show people that you are not handcuffed to insurances, and we will make your life easier in any way we can"
Magnolias Cancer Care-The Ryan Project is now accepting gently used medical equipment that will then be gifted to brave cancer warriors that might not otherwise be able to afford it.
Magnolias Cancer Care has partnered with a local photographer to offer family photos to our cancer warriors and their families. We also offer to the warriors and families free hair and makeup for their special memories.
Ashley's Chic Boutique has partnered with Magnolias Cancer Care to offer help to women who may experience hair loss from cancer treatment.
If you or someone you know needs help with medical bills from cancer treatment, Magnolias Cancer Care can help plan a fundraiser. We have relationships with local restaurants, and will help secure donation baskets.
Be The Match- Bone Marrow Donation
Magnolias Cancer Care is thrilled to have a partnership with Be The Match. Be The Match is in a unique position to educate the public about the opportunity to save a life by joining the Be The Match registry and be ready to donate when called. Young adult donors are especially needed to help patients in need of a lifesaving blood stem cell donation.
Go to https://my.bethematch.org/SweetMagsCare to register.
- Sat, May 20Anthony Canale Training CenterMay 20, 12:00 PM – 10:00 PMAnthony Canale Training Center, 5033 English Creek Ave, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234, USAFighting cancer takes many things like research, free rides to chemo and lodging near hospitals, and our 24/helpline. But we can't do any of that without you. Join Relay For Life, the largest, most inspiring, and supportive cancer fundraising event on the planet.
- Sat, Jun 03Galloway Casual Dining
- Sat, Jan 28Egg Harbor TownshipJan 28, 1:00 PM – Jan 29, 1:00 PMEgg Harbor Township, 6622 E Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234, USA$23 for 2023! Let's help Brad to raise funds to beat cancer. Each $23 donation gets you 2 games of bowling, shoe rental, and food + drinks. There will also be a 50/50 raffle and a raffle basket auction!
- Sat, Sep 24Galloway
- Sat, Sep 25Mcgettigan’s 19th Hole
- Wed, Aug 25Wonder Bar
- Sun, Aug 01Sweet Magnolias Facebook Page
- Sat, Jun 12Laureldale Pub and Grill
- Time is TBDFacebook Event
- Time is TBDCornhole Craze